Monday, August 28, 2006

Another document setback

I was hoping that my next post would be to say that we were DTC, but it was not to be. I got a call from our agency today, the Chinese Consulate would not certify our marriage certificate because it was too old. It was issued less than three years ago. So, I called the Greene county recorder of Deeds, and convinced them that, instead of me having to either mail a written request, or going in person, to do a verbal request for a new certified copy of our marriage certificate and let my mom pick it up. She picked it up and sent it FedEx so I should receive it tomorrow morning, then I can drive it to Jefferson City for the state certification, then I'll FedEx it to DC to the courier that our agency uses who will take it for the federal certification and to the consulate. Then it can be sent back to our agency and they can forward it on to China.

Things to pray for:
1. That our marriage certificate can make its rounds and get all the certification it needs quickly.
2. That we can be DTC quickly and that the wait time won't get any longer, hopefully shorter, and we can travel and bring Ethan home before Christmas.

No comments: