Monday, May 18, 2009

Out of the mouths . . . marriage

Ethan has been talking about marriage lately. First he wanted to marry me, after I explained that I was already married to Daddy and he'd have to find someone else he asked me to find him a good woman. First, I told him you have to graduate from high school and college first, might as well start those thoughts now. ;o) I asked him what kind of woman he wanted to marry. He listed that she's pretty, cook for him, help him play Wii, get the mail, drive him to school, take care of him. She could drive the van and she'd be the mommy and he'd be the daddy.

He wanted to know what her name is going to be, I tried to explain that we won't know that for a long time until he's an adult. He still wanted a name so he starting going through some names, first Miss Sheila his para, but decided he didn't want to marry her, then Miss Smith, another teacher at school, because she's pretty. After I explained that she's already engaged and planning to get married to someone else then he had to think a bit, then decided he'd marry Megan, a friend from his class last year, because she's pretty. He said that she could cook for him. I asked him if she cooked for him, what would he do for her. His response, whatever she tells me.

We might have to work on a few of the finer points of marriage over the next 20 years.

No comments: