Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Fish

We had another burial at sewer for the recently renamed fish "Flippy" He earned that name because about a month ago he started to swim with his body at a sideways angle and would sometimes start doing flips and somersaults in the water. This morning he was finally out of his misery. I told Brand he had flipped his last, and he replied "It's too bad he couldn't live to flip another day."

But all is not lost. Our 13 babies from a month ago are getting big, and I saw three more babies in the tank this morning. I knew that Mollies were life bearers and thought it would be neat if we could see them giving birth, but little did I know that they have the ability to remain pregnant and have more babies every month for five or six months. Can you believe it? this time I am not sticking the babies in the little mesh cage so they are protected. It's survival of the fittest in our tank now.

Another fish earned a new name last month. We now have "Big Mama" in our tank, I don't think anyone remembers the names of any of the other fish anymore. Brandon did suggest today we rename her "Baby Mama" but I think we'll stick with Big Mama.

Anybody want some fish? Our tank is getting too full.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

You need to take a picture of your fish. :)